Job title - History Teacher
Location – Lewisham
Pay £125 - £220 Per Day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are to hold a relevant teaching qualification with QTS.
Perm or Long-Term Supply 2020 – On going
Smart Teachers are recruiting now for January 2021. We are seeking motivated and organised History Teachers for our fantastic schools in Lewisham. We have permanent, long term and general cover roles all available within this area. Smart Teachers welcomes NQT’s to apply as we are always eager to support new teachers starting out and in helping you develop your classroom skills. The successful History Teachers will deliver classes to KS3 – KS5. If you would like to learn more about Smart Teachers – or you would like to apply to work in our Lewisham Schools, then please do send us an up to date CV and your contact details. We look forward to hearing from you.
Smart Teachers work with a range of schools in Lewisham area. These include Trusts and Academy schools, faith schools, Independent schools and mainstream.
To be considered for the History Teacher position, you will:
• Require a relevant UK teaching qualification or equivalent
• Hold QTS
• Having teaching experience within the UK
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online Edu Care training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you would like to learn more about Smart Teachers – or you would like to apply to work in our Lewisham Schools then please do send us an up to date CV and your contact details. We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply today via this website, or by emailing email@example.com with an up-to-date CV, quoting the reference number: SAB HISTORYlewisham.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary division team on 0207 065 7513.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.