Smart Teachers invites overseas trained History Teachers / History newly graduates to join a vibrant secondary school community in London Borough of Lewisham from September 2019. The appointed History Teacher will be able to inspire and motivate pupils at the secondary school. This is a full-time permanent History position and would suit both a newly qualified teacher or experienced teacher. This is a fantastic opportunity for a History Teacher who is looking to join a school with a warm and friendly team.
About the Role
• History Teacher / History newly graduate
• Teaching across a secondary timetable
• Full Time
• Salary from $56,000AUD - $75,000AUD (dependent on experience)
• September 2019 start
About the School
• Mixed secondary school in Lewisham
• New school build
• Modern learning environment
• Strong leadership
• Great rail and road links available
• 10 minutes’ walk from Lewisham train station
About the location
• Located in South-East London, with direct links into the city
• Affordable accommodation with a good variety of housing options
• A diverse borough will a number of creative and artistic professionals
• A beautiful and historic location, close to the River Thames
In order to be considered for this role, the History Teacher / History newly graduate will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a History teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent History teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR2634RXP.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR2634RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.