History Teacher (Secondary), Taylor’s International School, Puchong, (Kuala Lumpur) Malaysia.
Contract: Two Year Contract.
Taylor’s International School Puchong (TISPC) is a new addition to the Taylor’s Education Group, Malaysia’s premier private education group which operates Garden International School, Nexus International Schools, as well as Taylor’s University. TISPC has currently over 1,300 children enrolled at the school and approximately 15% of teachers at the school are expatriates; with the remainder of the teachers being Malaysian. As a new purpose built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic staff in a growing school in a lovely part of the world. The curriculum is the National Curriculum for England with an emphasis not only on academic excellence, but also on character building, the sciences, as well as physical health and development. The school’s purpose statement is to “educate the youth of the world to take their productive place as leaders in the global community”, which encapsulates its holistic approach to education.
We invite dynamic, passionate, suitably qualified and experienced candidates to join our dynamic humanities department in the Secondary School within this new and rapidly growing school.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Teach a range of year groups in the School including secondary IGCSE where necessary.
- Achieve the highest levels of teaching and learning.
- Plan effective strategies and programs for links between the primary and secondary sections for the short, mid and long term, in alignment with the priorities of the School.
- Work with a team of teachers to ensure the very best planning, teaching and learning is taking place for all our students.
- Stay abreast of developments in private education in general and international education in particular.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
Be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members
- High level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
- Have a vision and passion to help expand and develop History as an exciting elective IGCSE option choice.
Candidates should send a CV (max 2 pages, including the contact details for two referees and a passport photograph), a supporting letter (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 31st August 2017.