Smart Teachers is recruiting for a highly motivated History Teacher / Subject Leader of History in a grand and modern, purpose built ‘Good’ secondary school in the heart of Beckton (E6). This full time History Teacher / Subject Leader of History post is available for a September 2017 start and will be contracted through to the end of the academic year. There is a strong possibility that this role could lead to a generous offer of a permanent placement. If you have a passion for teaching History, can demonstrate good leadership and management skills and have a proven track record or the potential to secure excellent pupil outcomes in GCSE examinations, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the Role
· History Teacher / Subject Leader of History
· To build on the success of the subject and ensure good progress for all pupils
· To inspire and lead high quality teaching and learning
· Teach and support pupils with a range of SEN needs and those who are most able
· Temp to Perm / Fixed Term Contract
· Salaries paid at main pay scale –from £160 up to £200 per day
About the School
· Large, modern purpose built co-educational secondary school
· A cohort of 1500 pupils
· State of the art facilities
· Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Encourage innovation and creativity
· Offering an excellent CPD Package
· Location - Newham, Beckton within great transport, zone 3
In order to be considered for this role, the History Teacher / Subject Leader of History will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching History within the UK or equivalent curriculum
· OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number MXR13896.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.