Smart Teachers is recruiting for an outstanding and passionate History Teacher to join a co-ed secondary school in Waltham Abbey, Essex. This full time, permanent position starts in January 2018. The successful History Teacher will teach KS3 and KS4 classes and have the opportunity to work collaboratively with staff. Overall school History results have steadily improved year after year.
About the Role
· History Teacher
· KS3 and KS4 timetable
· Full time, permanent position, starting January 2018
· Strong department that work closely together
· MPS – London fringe
· Up to £38,000 depending on experience
· One of the most popular subjects chosen by students
About the School
· Supportive leadership and school environment
· High behaviour expectations
· Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
· Improving results year after year
· Located just outside of North London, under an hour from Liverpool St Station
· Easily accessible via public transport and car via the M25
· This school offers a comprehensive induction programme for all staff
· Ongoing extensive professional development for any staff
· Access to onsite gym
· Child care voucher scheme available
· Allocated onsite parking space
In order to be considered for this role, the History Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN24762.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.