Apply by: 21st June 2018
Salary: Grade 4
Contract term: TTO
Job start: ASAP
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its 4 CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading educational and business leaders. The Trust works with high profile partners, Birmingham City Football Club, the Tennis Foundation and The Rep.
Assist designated teacher(s) with the teacher’s responsibilities for planning and teaching the agreed curriculum, and at the teacher’s direction, specifically to:
· Implement and evaluate specific curriculum plans and activities prepared by the teacher to meet individual needs of pupils
· Contribute to curriculum planning
· Organise and manage learning sessions with specified groups of pupils
· Monitor and assess specified individuals and groups of pupils in accordance with the monitoring and assessment arrangements for the school
· Provide information and reports as required on the achievement and progress of pupils
· In an emergency, on a short-term basis, supervise the class until the teacher returns or alternative arrangements are made
· During short, planned absences of the classroom teacher, give lessons planned by a teacher or supervise work set by a teacher, with support from another suitable adult where the lessons or activities have been planned on the assumption that more than one adult will be present
· Work with parents to enhance pupils’ learning and development including taking the lead role in home visits if required.
Rockwood Academy is a popular school at the heart of the local community. Our recent Ofsted inspection (March 2016) rated the academy as 'Good' in every category including pupil outcomes; quality of teaching, learning and assessment, behaviour and welfare and effectiveness of leadership and management. This is a tremendous achievement considering even nationally very few schools go straight from 'Special Measures' to 'Good'.
For an informal discussion please contact Ms Denise Foster
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.