Conisborough College is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team to provide high quality support to pupils across the school. This post is offered on a 1 year contract, term time only plus one week basis which includes 5 CPD days (39 weeks), 35 hours a week. You should demonstrate
• high levels of numeracy and literacy - equivalent to NVQ Level 3
• meet Higher Level Teacher Assistant standards or equivalent qualification or experience
• have training in the literacy/numeracy strategy
• have specialist skills/training in curriculum or learning area e.g. bi-lingual, sign language, ICT.
You should be able to work collaboratively with staff across the school. You will need to support pupils’ progress and promote high levels of achievement. Experience of working with teenagers in an educational setting is desirable. You will be expected to
• contribute to the drive to raise standards of pupils’ attainment, achievement and behaviour for learning
• share the accountability for promoting monitoring and supporting pupil
• play a key role in the whole school management of cover both within a specific curriculum area and across the wider school community.
• plan, prepare, deliver, assess, report and mark learning activities for individuals/groups or short term for whole classes under an agreed system of supervision
• be responsible for the management and development of a specialist area within the school where required.
Application packs are available on request from email@example.com or from our College website www.conisboroughcollege.co.uk. Documents can also be downloaded from the advertising site. The closing date for application is Thursday 21st September 2017 (midday) and interviews will be held on Tuesday 3rd October 2017. All application forms should be returned to the college (details above) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not an acceptable alternative. If you do not receive an invitation to interview within 1 week of the closing date please assume that you have not been short-listed.
Conisborough College is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks.