We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced HLTA to join the team in our new Complex Communication Needs (CCN) Base to cover the maternity leave of the permanent post-holder starting on 6th January 2020.
You will be required to complement the work of the Base Leader through:
(a) Planning, delivering and assessing learning activities for pupils with CCN, whilst in the Base and/or their mainstream classroom
(b) Managing the CCN Base in the absence of the Base Leader – in conjunction with the Senior Teaching Assistant
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a confident and reflective practitioner with a willingness to take responsibility and respond to feedback
• Can demonstrate knowledge, understanding and experience relating to pupils with high-level SEND; especially CCN, ASC, Speech and Language Difficulties and/or Dyslexia
• Has experience of enabling children with high-level needs to make progress in their learning; applying knowledge of the curriculum appropriately and having high expectations for every child.
• Develops effective relationships with children that enable them to engage well in their learning and develop socially, emotionally and personally.
• Is supportive of a therapeutic approach - both when managing challenging behaviour and in their daily approach (training will be provided)
• Is committed to excellent team-work and communicates effectively with colleagues, parents and children
• Demonstrates emotional resilience and enjoys the challenge of a varied and highly-rewarding role
We can offer you:
• Support and guidance from our experienced team
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The chance to make a big difference to our school and the children within it.
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children in its care and candidates will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding children and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Visit our website at www.gillinghamprimary.dorset.sch.uk for further details
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November 2019
Interview Date: Monday 2nd December 2019