Cordwalles Junior School is looking for an outstanding HLTA/ Learning Support Assistant to work with a committed team of professionals
We are looking to appoint an experienced Higher Level Learning Assistant / Learning Support Assistant who will play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher to deliver high quality teaching and learning. Supporting communication, social, emotional and behavioural development is integral to this role.
At Cordwalles, relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of everyone in our community. The School offers a vibrant, broad and balanced curriculum and we work hard to meet the needs of all our pupils. This positive culture permeates all aspects of school life and the promotion of learning, through the full range of teaching approaches, takes account of the needs of all learners.
In December 2013, we became an academy within GLF Schools. Through this partnership, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools.
Cordwalles is an exceptional learning environment with a real community spirit. It provides children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support. Our core purpose each day is to facilitate engagement in, and for, learning and discovery. Our staff share a commitment to delivering exciting and engaging lessons and to a relentless drive towards raising the attainment of all pupils, regardless of their different starting points. Cordwalles is graded as a ‘GOOD’ school in all areas by Ofsted (2017). The successful candidate will work alongside, support the teacher, and make effective use of resources in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement
The successful candidate should therefore have an HLTA qualification and would be paid at £21,253 - £24,387 (FTE) for any HLTA hours that they cover and at £16,497 - £19,974 (FTE) for any other duties. We would also consider applications for part time hours on a job share basis for either the HLTA or LSA (no HLTA qualification required) part of this role.
We can offer:
• A friendly and supportive staff team
• Continuous personal development through our tailored CPD programme
• The opportunity to support children to access an engaging curriculum
• A supportive and collaborative environment and the opportunity to achieve significant career development
• An opportunity to be involved in the development and progression of the school and wider community
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment and maintaining the learning resources and environment
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help children access the curriculum
• Lead and support class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors, including during teachers PPA time
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Hours of work will be Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm for 39 weeks per year plus a 1 hour weekly staff meeting (33.5 hrs per week).
Closing: 24th September
Interviews: 28th September
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
We would love you to come and visit us to get a better flavour for life at Cordwalles and meet our wonderful children and friendly team! Please contact the school on 01276 23298 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment or request an application form.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.