Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Home Tutor to join our successful supply teaching team and to tutor children and young people on a 1:1 basis in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time position, to start ASAP and will involve completing short-term placements with children and young people being referred to a specialist support service.
The desired Home Tutor will be teaching a variety of subjects up to GCSE Level, with a special emphasis on Maths, English and Science. You will be supported by outstanding and dedicated management teams, and be working alongside some excellent Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching children and young people with behavioural difficulties and have the ability to teach stimulating lessons on a 1:1 basis with students. This role will not involve planning, but it will involve you teaching engaging lessons for the pupils you’re supporting. You will be expected to document sessions and write a report on how each session has gone whilst working with a student.
The ideal Home Tutor will be involved in tutoring children and young people from Key Stage One (KS1) through to Key Stage Four KS4) that have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) Difficulties, Autism (ASD/ASC), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD).
The successful Home Tutor will be working on a 1:1 basis with young people in their home, and possibly Outreach provisions such as libraries and community centres. The duration of lessons can vary depending on the students you are supporting as a Home Tutor, but are typically 5.5 hours per day (weekdays).
*It is essential that you are flexible and able to travel to and from settings across Peterborough for this role*.
To be considered for the position as a Home Tutor you must:
· Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an Instructor Tutor qualification like Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
· Have experience teaching children and young people, including children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD)
· Have a passion for teaching and possess the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging lessons
· Be flexible, adaptable and happy to travel across Peterborough
· Be able to work on a 1:1 basis effectively with young people
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of childcare practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Home Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Home Tutor. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you are a Home Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this Home Tutor position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Peterborough and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk