Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Hospitality Teacher
Tenure: Full-Time, Ongoing
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect.n.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Hospitality Teacher to join our team. The successful applicant will have a thorough knowledge of the curriculum with an informed pedagogy. This position is to commence Term 1 2020.
The Hospitality Teacher is responsible to the Principal through the relevant members of the College Leadership Team and the Faculty Leader
- For the development and implementation for the designated areas of curriculum;
- For the students, fellow employees and his/her health, safety and welfare;
- For the maintenance any place or equipment designated or chosen for specific activities.
Responsibilities and teaching standards are aligned with the National Professional Standards commensurate with that of a Proficient Teacher.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and skilled in teaching Hospitality
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Support for you in a rural community
- Additional pay remuneration for teaching at remote schools
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach a cover letter introducing yourself, expressing why you are interested in the position and outlining your suitability for this position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply, please include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications Close: 4pm Monday 18th November 2019.
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
To find out more about the Region visit
About Mount Isa
Living in North Queensland
10 Things to do in Mt isa