City and Islington College is a learning environment like no other. The College is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. Our GCSE English results are consistently above National Rates.
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit an excellent Hourly Paid Tutor who is qualified and available to:
* Deliver classroom teaching for adult ESOL and ESOL 16-18 learners on a range of courses from Entry level to Level 1 in ESOL.
* Carry out related duties, which include marking and preparation, curriculum development, course administration, individual tutorials and tracking of learner progress.
* Address the particular and diverse needs among ESOL learners in Further Education and living in London.
* Teach both day and evening sessions at any of the College's five main Centres
* Possession of appropriate minimum Level 7 ESOL subject specific teaching qualification e.g. DTELLS, PGCE ESOL
* Knowledge of the courses/curriculum relevant to the post, and of recent curriculum and pedagogic developments affecting them.
* Excellent communication skills for addressing the individual needs of both school leavers and adults returning to education and for being an effective member within a dedicated, collaborative team.
* Be flexible to meet the demands and responsibilities of being a personal tutor with an appreciation for systems for monitoring progress towards higher levels of study and employment.
To view the Job Description, please click here
To apply, go to www.candi.ac.uk/jobs (please note that we do not accept CVs and you will need to complete our application form).