Salary- Grade F £28,672-£32,234
House Lead- CMAS School Devon
"He hasn't accessed work for years and is even relaxed enough to eat in front of his coach"
"So excited about going, even packing for school in the mornings to be ready"
"First time ever seen engaging, really happy, even singing in the bathroom"
These quotes, from parents of our children, give a taste of the groundbreaking and lifechanging work in our schools.
Our House Leads are key members of the school leadership team, they lead their team of
Learning Coaches and Learning Coach champions to ensure our children re engage with
and succeed in their education, opening doors and improving life chances.
Purpose of role:
Through your inspirational leadership your team will meet the unmet needs of young
people and their families, disrupting previous patterns of exclusion and renewing a love of
You will work as part of a wider team of teaching staff and coaching staff to lead and
support the effective delivery our wellbeing curriculum, through a process of education
support and coaching, supporting the academic progress for the young people in your care.
Each child attending our school has an EHCP (SEMH) and a bespoke curriculum, tailored to
The role includes the following duties:
• Team Leadership of the House Team
• Role model leadership of and quality assurance of the Wellbeing Curriculum
• Organisation of staffing of House timetable
• Approval of activities in line with each child’s bespoke learning package
• Parent Liaison and Communication
• Attendance monitoring and actions
• Onboarding and induction for children and staff in your house
• Transition and next steps for children in your house
• Careers education and guidance for children in your house
• Role model delivery of the wellbeing curriculum
• Collection and analysis of progress data for children in your House
• Quality assurance of weekly monitoring reports
General duties and responsibilities:• Create a positive, aspirational and safe ethos and culture.
• Be an effective team leader and member of the team.
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people that you are
responsible for or come into contact with.
• Work closely with other staff to ensure continuity and consistency of CMAS values.
• Ensure CMAS policies are adhered to.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children is paramount and all staff are
expected to share and embrace this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to
two satisfactory professional references, medical clearance, an enhanced Disclosure and
Barring Services check (DBS), evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of
qualifications. All of the above checks must have been completed before the start of
employment. The successful candidate must hold a valid and full driving licence.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
ONLY FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st June 12:00
Interviews will be held at the Exeter site on Thursday 24th June
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are fully compliant with Covid-19 safety procedures.
CMAS School Devon
- Alternative provision with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 16 years