We are seeking experienced, caring individuals, who are passionate about making a positive contribution to the pastoral welfare of our pupils The role will be a crucial part of the school’s pastoral system, working with a Head of House in helping to remove barriers to learning.
The successful candidate should:
- Have strong communication skills
- Empathy for young people, regardless of background or culture
- Be a flexible and adaptable team player
We can offer:
- Additional training and support for the right candidate
- Ongoing professional development
- Lunch is provided on working days
- Use of the school’s fitness suite
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
Further information about the role is attached. The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure.
- Complete St George’s Application Pack (attached)
- Provide a covering letter
Send both to: email@example.com, Tel 01582 716 228.
Closing date: 19/06/2018 12:00:00
Interview date: 27th Jun 2018
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WHERE YOU FEEL YOU BELONG? TEN GREAT REASONS TO JOIN THE ST GEORGE'S TEAM
- Be part of a vibrant, inspiring and supportive team
- Everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged
- A place where your work will ‘make a difference’ and be appreciated by pupils
- Learning is what we do; with passion
- Unique opportunity to work in one of the leading state boarding schools in the country
- Students champion and promote our community’s high standards and aspirations
- Excellent behaviour is the norm, not the exception
- Career development is encouraged and supported through great training
- A sense of belonging; part of a community and the St George’s ‘Family’
- Where the worst thing about work is going home at night
Working at St George’s also comes with a number of free additional fringe benefits*: on site parking, access to excellent sports and fitness facilities; and provision of lunch. On-site accommodation for specific posts is also available at reduced rates. * Staff terms and conditions are liable to review and change from time to time In 2014 OFSTED wrote that "This school has got the magic formula", and we have to say we agree! St George’s is a unique place to work. It is the perfect blend of high quality, innovative teaching and a community which cares. It has a highly supportive pastoral system as well as a residential state boarding community, all of which is firmly cemented in our Christian principles and strong commitment to our values of mutual respect, endeavour and sense of community. We hold on to our tradition and embrace the future with equal relish. St George’s is consistently in the top percentile of schools nationally for academic performance and rated outstanding by Ofsted. However we are not driven by such external measures but by our passion to provide the best learning and life experience we can for the pupils entrusted to our care. We hope that you will share our enthusiasm and drive to continue to make St George’s an exciting place to work and learn. Join us for a career at a school that certainly wants us to "Aim Higher".
'The ethos and relationships are everything'. 'This school has got the magic formula'.
St George's School
Herts. AL5 4TD
01582 716 228