Ashcroft High School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with 1245 students. We were judged to be good with outstanding leadership and management by Ofsted in October 2013. Our students come from a wide range of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds; this diversity creates an interesting range of exciting opportunities and educational challenges.
The school’s work is based on the values expressed in our school motto:
- A learning community
- Driven by high expectations
- Respect for all
The school are looking to appoint a House Support Assistant to start as soon as possible to support our students in achieving their academic and personal potential by removing barriers to learning.
You will have:
- experience of working effectively with young people in education or a related field.
- the ability to support children in all areas of their personal and educational development.
- the ability to communicate effectively at a range of levels.
- a strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- an opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic and creative team.
- a working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all.
Duties include, liaising with SLT, Teaching and Support Staff to identify specific issues for individual students, working with students 1 to 1 or in small groups, developing intervention action plans for students and communication with parents/carers and external agencies. Full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Ashcroft High School:
- Is a high achieving school with students regularly achieving above expected outcomes
- Has a friendly and supportive group of colleagues
- Has recently undergone and £18 million building programme
Ashcroft High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
For more information and to apply please see our website at www.hays.co.uk/jobs/ashcroft-high-school or call Brett Coventry on 020 3818 7041