Housekeeping Assistant - Meldreth & Orchard Manor, Meldreth
Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £7.83 per hour (£15, 879 per annum FTE)
Hours: Full-Time of 39 hours per week with Part-Time available, including flexible working. Early, Late or weekend shifts available
Closing Date: 21st September 2018
A Rich History and an Exciting Future.
Aurora is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities. We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Assistant to join our team.
Meldreth Manor School provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people age 6-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders. They may have complex health and sensory needs and associated difficulties that require specialist support to enable them to access a bespoke curriculum.
The school shares the site with its children’s home and a young adult transitional centre, Orchard Manor. It is currently undergoing significant redevelopment that will provide contemporary living and learning environments for young people with complex needs. The investment in both the infrastructure and our people will transform Meldreth into one of the leading education and care services in the UK.
The role of the Housekeeping Assistant will be principally to ensure the site is cleaned to a consistently high standard, providing a welcoming, healthy and safe environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Cleaning of all areas in Meldreth Manor and Orchard Manor following a cleaning schedule and in compliance with policies and legislation
- General cleaning duties – hoovering, mopping/sweeping etc.
- Laundry – Washing and ironing
- Other tasks within the remit of the job may be required from time to time
No formal qualifications needed but full training is provided
- Experience and/or knowledge of disability and disability issues are an advantage
- Experience of either housekeeping or kitchen work.
- The role requires the use of chemicals, and electrical equipment, therefore the post holder is expected to have an understanding of health and safety legislation and/or have a willingness to learn.
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid holiday
For more information or to request a job description please call our HR Administrator on 01763 268000 or email MMOMRecruitment@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care