Are you looking to build on your responsibilities within boarding?
Do you want to gain experience with international students?
Are your summer holidays too long?!
For more than 40 years, we've been helping young people from all over the world to improve their spoken English, get a taste of UK culture and gain valuable life experience. To date over 60,000 students have spent the summer with us on one of our high quality, British Council accredited courses. We take great care in choosing our residential centres, which are all based at beautiful and prestigious boarding schools, and we take equal care in choosing the staff we would like to look after these young people.
Who You Are
- experience of managing young students in a residential environment
- the flexibility to respond to the unexpected
- a sense of humour and enthusiasm
- the ability to command respect from staff and students
- good organisational skills
- a genuine interest in the welfare of young people
Supported by the Senior team, you will be responsible for:
- the day-to-day running of your boarding house
- the monitoring, welfare and motivation of our international students
- the effective supervision and safety of students
- setting up and implementing boarding house procedures for getting up, mealtimes, bedtime and the safe keeping of students’ valuables and pocket money
- attending regular senior staff meetings
- participating in the overall summer school programme
What Our Staff Say
“Being calm, organised and diplomatic are important skills but being able to create a quiz or find a fancy dress costume at short notice can also be handy! The company is very professional and has high expectations of its staff and students. You feel that you are part of a very supportive team. It is the people who keep me coming back, there is a real camaraderie and we look forward to getting back together year after year. " Alison – various centres 2010 - 2018
“The course is extremely well thought-out, with the professionalism of the staff delivering a fun and challenging course that always exceeds the expectations of the students. I can’t speak highly enough of the company, they are an extremely good school to work for.” Kate -various centres 2011 - 2018
“TVSS gives you a chance to progress, experience responsibility and work to your strengths.. I have really enjoyed seeing the students progress and I love the way that TVSS looks for new opportunities and encourages returning staff to get involved in those opportunities. I would not work for any other summer school” Lorraine – various centres 2014 - 2017
Salary and Benefits
- Basic weekly salary from £540 plus 12.12% statutory holiday pay
- Paid preparation days
- Full-board accommodation
- Average six-day week
- Various contract lengths available (from 2-4 weeks)
- Access to high quality facilities at the centres
Senior staff arrive at their centre 2-3 days prior to students, to prepare for the beginning of the course.
Please visit our website at www.thamesvalleysummer.co.uk and click on Work For Us.
There you will find a full job description and our online application form.
If you would like more information or to chat about the role, please call Mandi Muggeson on 01753 852 001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appoint on a rolling basis so early applications are always encouraged. Candidates for our senior positions will have two interviews as part of the appointment process. The first will be a Skype interview. The second will either be another Skype or a face-to-face interview held at our Head Office in Windsor, depending on role and candidate location.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
- All references will be followed up
- Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
- Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
- All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police(if based overseas)