Permanent Part-time, 30 hours per week for 39 weeks per year (during School term time).
Westminster School is a leading coeducational, day and boarding Uniting Church School located in Marion, south-west of the city. We promote being courageous, curious, inclusive, kind, mindful and resilient and aim to instill these values in both our students and our staff.
Our Mission is to provide an exceptional education for students Early Learning to Year 12.
About the Housemother
The Housemother is an integral member of a dynamic team who live with and/or care for students living in the Girls/Boys’ Boarding House. The Housemother is responsible for supporting the Head of Girls/Boys’ Boarding in the pastoral and practical care of the boarding students. Housemothers are rostered to actively work with and for the boarding students, 7.30 to 9.30am and 2.30 to 6.30pm on week days.
Providing care and support for the boarding students in loco parentis, the Housemother contributes to the school community in a vibrant, warm, enthusiastic and positive fashion. The Housemothers' primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a caring, responsible presence with boarding students, in conjunction with the relevant Head of Boarding
- Providing pastoral care for individual boarding students
- Providing practical care and supervision to maintain the health and safety of boarders
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A knowledge and sensitivity of issues relevant to contemporary adolescents
- An independent worker with superior organisational skills, the ability to set goals, prioritise work and manage multiple, simultaneous tasks
- High levels of tact, diplomacy, initiative and interpersonal skills
- The ability to organise others in a positive an effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict, solve problems, conduct difficult negotiations and provide constructive advice and assistance
- Well-developed IT skills and confidence in word processing, data entry and the use of email plus the ability and confidence to operate electronic equipment such as electronic security systems and record keeping software (eg Reach, Magnus)
- Current driver’s license
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect Training
- Appropriate First Aid certification
- Willing to undertake the ABSA Duty of Care Certificate Course
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Warm, nurturing, tactful, diplomatic in nature
- An outgoing and personable nature and a good sense of humour
- A high degree of confidentiality and sound judgement
A position description is available on our website under the Careers tab www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit via Seek, your resume and cover letter addressed to Mr Zac Savage, Director of Boarding/Head of Boys’ Boarding by Tuesday 19 March 2019.
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.