Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational boarding and day schools. Situated in Edinburgh, rich in history, learning and culture, the College has enjoyed a reputation as a centre of educational excellence for one hundred and fifty years.
Fettes College Guangzhou is the first overseas campus of Fettes College, and opened its doors in September, 2020. The new school will be very closely linked to Fettes College and will share its ethos and vision: to provide the highest quality of holistic, broad based education that will stretch and challenge its pupils and equip them with the qualifications, skills and personal qualities that will allow them to flourish and succeed in their lives beyond school.
Fettes College Guangzhou is being designed and built as a joint venture and with a shared vision between Fettes College and Bright Scholar, the largest operator of K-12 schools in China. Bright Scholar, a listed company on the New York Stock Exchange, is fast acquiring international recognition together with an enviable reputation as a provider of high quality education. Bright Scholar is enabling Fettes College to bring to mainland China its special and highly sought after brand of traditional British boarding education, which will be blended with the strength of Chinese scholastics and informed by modern, innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
Fettes College Guangzhou is located on a spacious and world class campus in Zengcheng, bordered by forest and hills and yet within an hour’s drive of the centre of Guangzhou, and of Baiyun International Airport. The campus has been created with imaginative flair by international architects Broadway Malyan. Their modern interpretation of the strengths, features and characteristics of the Edinburgh campus will allow the delivery of all the distinctive qualities of an authentic Fettes education in Guangdong.
The Houseparent has oversight of the efficient organisation and running of the Boarding House. Accordingly, the Houseparent should become fully involved in all aspects of the life of the House and get to know the boarders as well as they are able. Their role as mentor, confidante and role-model for the pupils can be a very valuable one. Maintaining regular contact with the boarders’ parents is also an essential requirement of the role, as FCG sees the parent partnership as a cornerstone of our pastoral provision.
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
- Completed teacher application form (available on TES Online).
- Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Headmaster of Fettes College Guangzhou. Please state clearly in your letter your teaching experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
- CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. This should be attached to your electronic application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and that Fettes College Guangzhou reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
You can also contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question of our recruitment.
Candidates selected for interview will be invited to attend meeting with the Headmaster and other senior leaders of the School to discuss their interests and experience for the roles offered at the school.
Depending on location Interviews will be conducted in the following locations:
Hong Kong, China
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Fettes College Guangzhou is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice, and all appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references as well as identity and criminal record checks.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Attend regular in-house Child Protection and Safeguarding programmes and training and sign a Code of Conduct.
• Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any concerns they have for the welfare of a student.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any unsafe practices witnessed within the school.
• Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
• International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract.
• Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport).
• At least 2 confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher or employer) before the start of contract.
• Verification of original qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Fettes College Guangzhou
- Mainstream school
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of age 2 - 18 years
Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational day and boarding schools. Situated in Edinburgh, Scotland’s gracious and vibrant capital city, rich in history, learning and culture, the College has enjoyed a reput...