Position: HPE Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 2, 2021
Classification: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 24 hours (4 days) per week
Salary Range: $58,903 - $84,836 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Monday, 12 April 2021 unless filled prior
Good Shepherd Catholic School, Rasmussen is a Catholic co-educational school offering Prep to Year 6. Established in 1996, the school is situated on ten hectares of land and supports the families of the surrounding suburbs of the growing Upper Ross area of Townsville. Good Shepherd Catholic School encourages students by providing a learning environment of mutual trust and respect. The school has a strong commitment to engaging parents and encourages parental and family involvement. Located next to the St Mary MacKillop Early Learning Centre, families can access Catholic education from the early years through to Year 6 in a seamless transition. The Good Shepherd Catholic School culture is welcoming and inclusive and is underpinned by the motto, “Love, Faith, Learning”.
About the role
Good Shepherd Catholic School, Rasmussen is seeking a Dedicated and Enthusiastic HPE Teacher. This role is a Part Time, Fixed Term Contract for the remainder of 2021 teaching year. The successful applicant will be required to teach HPE 3 days a week, and 1 day each week teaching Grade 1.
- Innovative, proactive and flexible approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication and collaboration with students, parents and staff
- Current Queensland College of Teaching Registration or ability to obtain before commencement
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by the Queensland Government.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $58,903 - $84,836 per annum pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 4pm Monday, 12 April 2021 unless filled prior.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education