HR Admin Services Team Leader
Salary: Up to £23,117.27 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 10th November 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Due to growth, a period of significant change and the recent merger with Accrington & Rossendale College, a new and fantastic opportunity has become available for a HR Admin Services Team Leader to join our close-knit HR team on a full-time permanent basis, working 37 hours per week.
This is a brand new role and therefore providing an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to be at the heart of developing, reviewing and refining the HR administrative processes in order to ensure that they are effective in supporting the smooth running of the College’s Human Resources team.
The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative and leadership skills and have substantial experience within an administrative role, as well as excellent IT skills and experience of using complex computerised management information systems. The HR Admin Services Team Leader will also have the ability to effectively lead a small team of HR Assistants in order to support the continuous improvement of service.
Experience of working within a HR setting would be desirable although not essential to this post.
The successful candidate will be primarily based at Accrington and Rossendale College but may be required to travel across to other College’s sites.
The main duties include:
• To lead the team of HR Assistants to ensure a high quality, efficient and timely service is provided to all staff, managers and job applicants. Ensuring enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner and excellent customer service is provided.
• To be a first point of contact for the team of HR Assistants, providing advice and guidance to ensure they are able to fulfil their roles effectively.
• To ensure consistent application of HR administrative processes across the team of HR Assistants, whilst also ensuring the needs of different departments across the College are met.
• To ensure relevant pre-employment checks, including medical checks, references, DBS checks, evidence of eligibility to work and qualifications, are completed for all new starters and that the College’s Single Central Record is maintained and reviewed regularly.
• To work closely with the HR Lead – System and Reporting to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the College’s HR System.
• To lead the HR Assistants to ensure all staffing information is recorded accurately on the College’s HR System and HR self-service system, liaising with the Payroll team to ensure an effective and timely transfer of information.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Level 3 qualification in Administration or equivalent experience
• Experience of working in a varied administrative role, in a busy office environment
• Experience of leading a team fulfilling a complex administrative function
• Experience of effectively using computerised management information systems/databases
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.