We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic HR Advisor to start in October 2021.
The Sheffield Private School is an affordable British style school and member of the BSME offering a well-balanced, curriculum that follows the English National Curriculum for children aged 3 to 18 years old. As a school founded in 2004, we have a strong community spirit and a dedicated educational faculty who hold inclusion close to their hearts. We believe that learning should be ‘limitless’ as we continue the journey to become a High Performance Learning (HPL) accredited school where learners will develop the values, attitudes and attributes supporting both their educational and life prospects.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Main Responsibilities of post:
• Be the primary point of contact for all school staff on HR issues, including contracts, employment terms and conditions, payroll, housing, HR policies, leave and entitlements
• Manage the Onboarding process for all incoming staff, including pre-employment communication and checks to ensure new starters are aware of the requirements for their role and for working and living in the UAE, liaising with IT for relevant systems / email set-up and processing staff ID cards
• Coordinate visa, work permit and KHDA applications, renewals and cancellations and related processing for new staff, ensuring they are aware of the requirements, and avoiding fines or penalties for non-compliance.
• Keep up to date with changes in employment legislation and provide advice on employment law. In consultation with the Principal, liaise with the MOHRE as and when necessary.
• Responsible for compliance and ensuring all staff have valid contracts, passports, visas, EIDs etc tracked through HRMS system.
• Source and shortlist candidates for teaching & non-teaching role as required. Arrange interviews and provide regular updates to Principal.
• Create and issue offer letters, contracts, contract renewals and amendments and associated documentation in line with company-wide terms and conditions and policies
• Manage Life and Health Insurance applications, renewals and cancellations for all school staff.
• Conduct pre-employment checks for all staff in accordance with the Recruitment Policy and Child Protection Guidance, including references and suitability/police clearances.
• Managing the time and attendance systems for staff and escalation of leave and attendance issues to School Leadership. Advise senior managers on the correct procedures to be followed in managing staff absence and sickness.
• Leading the exit clearance process of employees, staff settlements and overseeing the process of visa cancellation for leaving staff.
• Responsible for issuing NOCs, and other relevant staff letters (e.g. Bank, Government, Immigration etc.)
• Maintain up to date confidential employment records and staff files on site at school.
• Maintaining HR / employee information systems, both hard copy files and electronically through HRMS, ensuring records are accurate and up to date with all key employment documentation uploaded on HRMS.
• Ensuring that high level of confidentiality is maintained on all staff/HR matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree, recognised HR Qualification and/or professional accreditation preferred
- Be currently in UAE. At least 2 years’ experience in a supportive HR role in a school/education industry in UAE is needed
- Have thorough understanding of UAE Labour Law. Having knowledge of HRMS will be an advantage.
Our Benefits Package Includes:
A Competitive tax free Salary & Health Insurance.
At The Sheffield Private School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to various background checks including, receipt of satisfactory references and police checks.
The Sheffield Private School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years