Salary: £36,197 - £37,510 per annum
Hours: 40 per week, all year round
Start date: As soon as available
Closing date: 11am, Monday 24th February 2020
Location: Hertfordshire - Primarily Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, but with some support to schools in Bushey and Watford. Occasional travel to London is also required
A unique opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to provide a people-related support function to our growing family of Hertfordshire Academies.
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced HR Advisor to provide an effective people-related support function to our Hertfordshire Academies. In this role you will be the key point of contact for Academy Office Managers and Principals/ Head Teachers for any HR queries, including contracts, terms and conditions, payroll, HR policies and entitlements, escalating to the HR Manager and HRBP as and when necessary.
As HR Advisor you will provide timely advice on HR issues and manage a varied Employee Relations case load, ensuring compliance with legislation and HR policies and procedures. You will also be responsible for reviewing and improving the HR operating model within the academies you work with, designing tools and templates to support staff in undertaking different HR activities, as well as training and ongoing support to Office Managers.
This role sits within our central HR team, and is a mobile position that will work across our Hertfordshire secondary schools, primarily in Hemel Hempstead and Stevenage, but with some support to schools in Watford and Bushey as required. The post holder will also be required to travel to London for team meetings and to afford occasional support to London schools, as and when necessary.
Future Academies is a multi-academy trust (MAT) and family of nine schools in London and Hertfordshire. As a MAT working predominantly with schools located in disadvantaged areas, our motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education), is always at the heart of what we do. We believe that all young people, regardless of their background or circumstances, are able to achieve, given the right support. Therefore, we are committed to providing each and every young person under our care with a broad, balanced and rigorous education, within a disciplined but caring environment.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly organised and customer-focussed HR professional to join us in this exciting position. To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience, of the schools/education sector (highly desirable).
- Experience of supporting and advising managers on a wide range of employment and people management matters.
- Experience of supporting organisational change.
- A flexible and ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to work across a diverse partnership of schools.
- A commitment to extensive CPD opportunities.
- A generous holiday entitlement and LGPS pension.
- Access to a range of benefits through our employee benefit scheme, Perkbox.
- The exciting potential to have a positive impact upon the lives of children and young people across our MAT.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the support staff application form and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am, Monday 24th February 2020.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.