About the Opportunity
Further to absence of the current HR Business Partner, we are seeking a talented and enthusiastic HR Business Partner to lead the HR Service for our Oxfordshire and Berkshire Schools in collaboration with our Central HR Function.
You will be based at our Whitelands Academy, with flexibility to work from home some days, and with expenses contribution on days you've had to travel to other sites outside of Whitelands Academy. Access to your own vehicle is necessary.
As the HR Business Partner for these two hubs, you will provide a comprehensive HR and Employee Relations service for our Schools in Oxfordshire and Berkshire, working with the hub HR Assistant and Central HR team to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
Salary for this position is pro-rata'd to £28,462 - £31,932 per annum.
Key responsibilities for this short term position include
- Senior HR Support to Schools within your hub
- Dealing with Employee Relations issues and HR enquiries within your hub
- Supporting in payroll checking, performance related pay decisions and implementing new pay and reward schemes.
- Working in collaboration with the Central HR Team to ensure consistency across TWHF
- Ensuring recruitment best practice is being followed
- Supporting in the review and updating of HR policies
- Management of the hub HR Assistant
Our ideal candidate will have
- Associate membership of the CIPD, equivalent qualification or relevant experience in HR
- Experience of providing generalist HR and employee relations advice to senior leaders
- In-depth knowledge and application of current HR legislation
- A warm personality with good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work alone and use their initiative as well as working as part of a team
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team
- An exciting role amidst growth of the Federation
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our schools
For more information and to view our full advertisement to learn about our benefits etc - please click the link to apply now!
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values while ensuring that fun and happiness are key attributes of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils, and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training, and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage, or ability.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions of all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.