Salary: Support Staff Pay Scale P03, Spine Point33-36 (£39,459-£42,605)
Contract Type: Permanent following successful probationary period. Full time and all year round (20 days’ annual leave per annum + leave at Christmas)
Location: Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden
Start Date: As soon as possible, depending on notice period
An exciting opportunity for a highly organised, personable and self-motivated HR Manager to deliver the HR function across two well renowned schools: The UCL Academy and Swiss Cottage SEN School. The successful candidate will primarily be based at the UCL Academy (4 days per week) and support employee relations and strategic HR as Swiss Cottage SEN School (SCSS) 1 day per week.
The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy that opened its doors in the heart of Camden in 2012. The Academy offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the chance to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology. The UCL Academy is co-located with Swiss Cottage Specialist SEN School (SCSS), and both schools are accommodated in new buildings. SCSS forms one of the largest specialist SEN schools in the country, with around 240 students from 2-19 age group. Both schools are associated with UCL Institute of Education, with the UCL Academy formally sponsored and funded by UCL. The SCSS buildings house a Research Institute and Teaching School which support collaboration between staff at Swiss Cottage, UCL’s neuroscientists and educational psychologists.
As the HR Manager, you have an essential role in the continuing success and development of the HR provision across both schools. Reporting to the Finance Director, the post holder will be responsible for the operational HR activities at the UCL Academy as well as contributing to and supporting the strategic objectives of both schools, ensuring compliance with school policies, employment legislation and best practice, as well as promoting effective employee relations.
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience within the education sector, be highly organised, proactive and able to act with integrity, compassion and empathy. Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details of the role. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager or experienced HR Officer, who enjoys working in a generalist role within a varied and fast paced environment.
• Both schools focus on your wellbeing and workload balance so that you can thrive in your role with the support of our wonderful school community;
• Access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A ‘Learning Culture’ that is enabled through a school structure that promotes daily engagement in professional discussions, planning, and reflective analysis;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Formal partnerships with key organisations to promote the strategic leadership roles within and beyond our schools;
• Whole school wellbeing strategies, which offer season ticket loans, gym access, discounts and an Employee Assistance Programme.
What we Want
• Operational and strategic support for the HR function of both schools;
• Up to date employment law knowledge to ensure that both schools work in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory frameworks;
• Ability to prioritise time accordingly across both schools;
• A commitment to providing the highest quality service and confidentiality;
• Excellent communications, literacy and organisational skills;
• Able to work accurately and efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail is essential.
How To Apply
To apply please complete and submit a detailed application form, through the link provided. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy. We are currently not accepting applications via agencies.
Closing Date: Monday 7th June 2021 at 9am
Interviews for this post will take place on 8th June 2021, and you therefore must be available to attend on this specified date.
The Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertised closing date.
Swiss Cottage Special School and The UCL Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The UCL Academy, Camden
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The UCL Academy is sponsored by UCL, a world-class, multifaculty, research-led university. UCL's vision is an innovative Academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. We are a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active membe...