Job Title: HR Manager
Location: Sedbergh School & Sedbergh Casterton Prep School
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £40,500 per annum, in line with skills & experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including generous remission on school fees, private health care and short-term assistance with accommodation
Sedbergh School and Sedbergh Casterton Prep School are seeking a highly professional, motivated and positive person to join their busy HR team as HR Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager, who enjoys working in a generalist role within a varied environment. The key purpose of the role will be to provide an outstanding generalist HR service to the School and its commercial ventures, to ensure the smooth operational running of the Sedbergh School group.
Working closely with the Headmasters of the Prep & Senior Schools, and the COO, the role of HR Manager is truly at the core or Sedbergh School. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small but highly dedicated HR team of 3, whilst also playing an integral part within the schools Operational Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least two years' experience as an HR Manager (those with additional experience in a Senior HR Advisor or an operationally focused Business Partner role may also be considered).
- Demonstrable, in depth experience of successfully managing a wide-ranging case load of ER matters.
- Proven ability in implementing and maintaining a wide range of compliance policies and procedures.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrable ability to write high quality letters, policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- The ability to produce accurate information consistently.
- Experience of using a range of HR software programs.
- A high level of IT literacy, inc. Microsoft teams and Office 365.
- In depth employment law and HR procedural knowledge and demonstrable experience of applying that knowledge to diverse and complex ER matters.
- The ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Proven ability to provide credible, concise and results focused HR advice to Line Managers.
- Resilience and the ability to self-manage.
- Fully CIPD qualified or a suitable HR Degree.
- Experience either within education or another highly regulated industry would be advantageous.
In exchange, the School will offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- A competitive salary of £35,000 – £40,500 per annum, in line with skills & experience;
- Generous remission on School fees.
- Private Health Care.
- Assistance with relocation or short-term accommodation.
How to apply:
For further information, please download a copy of the 'Applicant Info Pack'.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, please complete the Sedbergh School application form in full. Please click 'Apply' to download a copy of the application form, or download the document from the bottom of this advert. Completed forms should be returned to Abigail Thornton on: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 May 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 13 - 18 years
The magnificent location of Sedbergh means pupils can enjoy school life in a safe, healthy and dynamic environment. The opportunities for outdoor activities are almost unlimited - from a walk in the hills to mountain biking, or the calm of fishing to...