The HR Manager will work with key stakeholders and client groups delivering a professional HR service across the full employee lifecycle and supporting the business to achieve its overarching commercial and people goals.
Contribute proactively to HR best practice within the organization, working collaboratively as part of the HR Team to offer first class support to the business.
- To effectively build relationships supporting change and organic growth.
- To support managers in fulfilling the people management aspects of their role.
- To provide advice, guidance and support on grievance, disciplinary and performance management, absence and long term sick issues, and to be actively involved with any cases with managers as required.
- To provide advice, support and guidance on any employee relations issues.
- Support managers to create and drive a high performing culture
- To actively support employee engagement initiatives, supporting managers and teams to create engagement action plans and working with the HR team to deliver cohesive action plans across departments
- Coach managers to develop inclusive and collaborative management style both within their teams but more widely across the business
- Provide support and guidance for any performance management cases
- Support business and HR with identifying 'stars' so that talent can be mapped
- Support roll out of companywide development initiatives
- To support and embed the ongoing performance management approach, including the objective setting and end of year reviews, supporting and coaching managers
- Develop appropriate on-boarding programme for new joiners and work with managers to ensure appropriate goal setting
- Support managers with probation reviews
- To provide MI to the business and identify opportunities for improvement. To support in ensuring data integrity of HR data and be involved or manage audit activity as required.
- To work closely with managers and the Recruitment Manager to ensure an effective and consistent recruitment and selection process, and use of selection tools and techniques.
- To ensure that all employment policy documentation is maintained and updated in line with legislative changes.
- To be responsible for HR documentation including producing offer letters, contracts change letters, and managing the processing to payroll
- To manage family leave requests and flexible working applications
- Be responsible for benefits provision and promotion to employees
- To manage and deliver HR value added projects as required, and support the development and rollout of HR projects and initiatives by the HR team.
- Degree qualified, CIPD qualified
- Previous experience as an HRM in a medium sized environment is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a fast paced ever changing environment
- Proactive multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and own and drive own workload
- Proven ability to understand the detail and hit the ground running
- Strong commercial focus
- Articulate and professional at all times
- Good communicator and accomplished listener with the ability to coach Able to work collaboratively with HR team and wider business
- Adaptable but tenacious
- Self motivated and delivery focused
- Passion for the education sector