- Contract: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon - Thur 8.30am - 4.30pm Fri 8.30am - 4pm, 47 weeks(Term Time plus 3 weeks)
- Salary: TD28 £23,293 per annum (FTE £25,772)
- Site: Various
- Closing date: Friday 28 July 2017
- Interviews: Wednesday 2 August 2017
- Start: 4 September 2017
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Due to expansion within the Trust we have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Officer to join our dedicated trust wide HR team to provide advice and support to staff across Thomas Deacon Education Trust. Responsibilities include maintaining HR policies and procedures, assisting with all employee relation matters (disciplinaries, grievances, sickness absence meetings) and ensuring all data is accurate and up to date to allow for reporting. Experience of working in an education setting is not essential, however, this would be desirable.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience of working in HR.
- Have sound employment law knowledge.
- Be able to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Be able to use your initiative in a pressurised and challenging environment.
- Have excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust
- Use of Trust facilities (including a gym and free car park)
- LGPS Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
TD Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Trust will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply please complete the Associate Application Form on the Vacancies page of our website. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to visit the Trust please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.