Affordable shared accommodation available from August 2019
Fixed term one year contract (maternity cover) starting from September 2019 until 31 st August 2020.
At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We want our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. We have recently updated our school vision, which is "committed to excellence". This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We’re at an exciting time in our development of our innovative school improvement partnership with Sycol. Through this, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. We run termly innovation improvement projects to ensure that systematic school improvement is embedded in everything we do. These projects involve every member of staff which helps us quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team.
We are a small school at the moment with ambition to grow in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon to help us with this. Despite our small size, we maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students. Our ambition is for the school to have a STEAM focus (the ‘A’ is for Art). As part of the our facilities planning process we plan to introduce a unique curriculum in Robotics to support students’ learning in STEAM subjects, whilst at the same time improving our performing arts and other curriculum learning spaces.
We have a strong GCSE History and Geography uptake each year. The Humanities Subject Leader will line manage the Humanities team of History and Geography teachers including a postholder who will lead on the Geography curriculum. You will also lead our PSHCEE and RE programme which is delivered by form tutors on a weekly basis. Our current Subject Leader will be going on maternity leave in October. We have scheduled this appointment to begin from September so that you will have plenty of time for a clear handover.
We are looking for excellent practitioners who will:
- Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of schoolwide continuous improvement;
- Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in History and Geography;
- Raise the profile of PSHCEE across the school.
We can offer you:
- Great support and training as you develop your career;
- Bespoke support from the Headteacher to assist you in finding employment at the end of this one year contract;
- The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school
- A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every Friday to promote a good work / life balance;
- A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
- The opportunity to rent at affordable prices (we are converting an old Caretaker’s House at the front of the site to shared accommodation for teaching staff).
A Job Description & Person Specification plus an application form can be found on our website: www.northolthigh.org.uk
Please email your application to the Headteacher’s PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date : 4pm, Wednesday 22 May 2019
Interviews to be held on Friday 23 May 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed. Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check.. Further information can be found at: