Due to the promotion of our current Curriculum Leader stepping into our Senior Leadership Team, The Stockwood Park Academy have a fantastic opportunity for a Curriculum Leader of Humanities to join our successful team. We are looking for someone who will play an active role in the development of the emerging competency based curriculum providing specific curriculum expertise and furthering our success in leading our Humanities department. You will also oversee the development of the KS5 curriculum for each subject in the department. We will welcome applications from any specialism in Humanities.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that our Curriculum Leaders have the trust and autonomy to run their department and that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
· Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students following programmes within the subject area
· Be accountable for motivation to subject staff (teaching and support) and the creation of a highly effective team
· Track student overall attainment and achievement on a regular basis
· Provide sound financial management within the departmental budgets that have been set.
The successful candidate will have:
· Some experience of managing the work of others
· Demonstrable impact on school improvement.
· Demonstrable experience of using performance management and performance data to inform target setting, planning and policy.
· Start Date: April 2019 or earlier if available
· Salary: Main Pay Scale - Upper Pay Scale - £23,720 - £39,406 + TLR 1a - £7,853
· Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
· A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
· Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.