Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett region since 1990, following the amalgamation of the St Marys Parish Primary and Secondary Schools. It has a current enrolment of approximately 350 students. The College has a master planned school campus environment along with a vision for education in a contemporary world.
Surrounded by picturesque countryside, Kingaroy is a wine-growing region, only 2½ hours drive north-west of Brisbane. As the central town of the South Burnett region, Kingaroy offers services, shopping facilities, recreational clubs and industries expected in much larger towns. With a population of around 10,000, residents have an opportunity to be involved and become part of the local community, while enjoying the quiet lifestyle of this country town.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a fixed term, full time position teaching Year 8 - 12 Humanities, Year 12 Essential English and Secondary Dance. The ability to teach in a second subject area would be advantageous but is not essential.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• If this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 4 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): to end of 2022 school year (maternity leave replacement)
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mrs Mandy Sullivan
Contact Telephone Number: 07 4160 0900
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27-Aug-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education