We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Humanities teacher to join an exciting team of educators in establishing the Perse School in Singapore.
The Perse School Singapore is open to boys and girls from 5 to 11 years of age and is located in the Upper Bukit Timah area of Singapore. The modern campus, which opened in 2020, has cutting edge technology built into its fabric and educational innovation is at the heart of the school’s ethos. The school’s teaching and learning is based closely on the Cambridge International curriculum, while also encouraging its teachers to take a creative approach to their lessons.
The Singapore campus enjoys a close relationship with The Perse School Cambridge, a leading UK Independent School with over 400 years of educational expertise and tradition.
The same core values are upheld both in Cambridge and Singapore:
- Intellectual Curiosity and Scholarship
- Breadth and Balance
- One Another and Our Environment
The Humanities Teacher (History & Geography) will be accountable to the Principal and Deputy in the following areas:
- Upholding the positive ethos and core values of the school.
- Ensuring that subjects are effectively delivered and that staff and resources are well managed.
- Assist the Principal and Deputy Principal in developing and managing the Humanities curriculum.
- Communicating with parents with regards to issues related to Humanities.
- Assist with integrating the technology available within the school into the Humanities curriculum.
- Liaising with the SENCo to support students with Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Assist with auditing, planning and purchasing of departmental resources.
In addition to the teacher role the successful candidate will also be expected to:
- Act as a form teacher and be involved in the pastoral life of the school.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all students.
- Involve themselves fully in the life of the school and play an active part in the extracurricular programme.
- Provide accurate feedback to parents via written reports and Parents’ Evenings.
- Be able to teacher other subjects as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- An evident passion for teaching and learning
- A love of history and geography and the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to their pupils
- A proven track record of teaching excellence and outstanding subject knowledge
- The creativity and vision to lead the department imaginatively
- The ability to engage and inspire pupils of all abilities and backgrounds
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Empathy for pupils, parents and fellow staff
- A generosity of spirit towards the demands of a busy and growing international school, as the role requires flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational skills in order to manage diverse commitments and deadlines
The Perse School Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in its care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
The Perse School - Singapore
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 12 years