A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Humanities Teacher / Sociology Teacher / History Teacher to work through Smart Teachers at an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Lambeth, South London. The ideal Humanities Teacher / Sociology Teacher / History Teacher will have Humanities experience and/or a keen interest in Sociology. The school itself is very highly regarded within the community; they welcome teachers with enthusiasm, optimism and a hard working ethos. This is a National Teaching School with opportunities to progress and regular CPD. It is a positive environment to work in and the children in their care are described as ‘delightfully eager to learn’. This Humanities Teacher / Sociology Teacher / History Teacher position is part time, two days a week covering lessons in History, Sociology and other Humanities subjects as and when needed. This is a temporary, ongoing position with potential to continue as permanent should they find the right candidate.
About the Role
· Humanities Teacher / Sociology Teacher / History Teacher
· Part time (two days per week)
· Temporary, ongoing position with potential to become a permanent
· Mostly History with Sociology but other Humanities subjects may be included in the day as general cover.
· ASAP Start
· Daily rate between £130 - £180 per day (dependant on experience)
About the School
· Highly regarded secondary school in Lambeth
· Rated “Oustanding” by Ofsted
· National Teaching school, opportunities to progress and CPD on offer
· Children described as ‘delightfully eager to learn’
· Short walk from Streatham station, easily accessible from South East, South West and Central London
In order to be considered for this role, the Humanities Teacher / Sociology Teacher / History Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a PGCE or equivalent Teaching qualification
· NQTS welcome to apply as well as those with experience both in the UK and overseas
· Proven UK experience within a similar role
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Have good rapport with students, staff and outside authorities
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent references and valid DBS/police checks
· A sparky, ambitious and focussed attitude with the ability to adapt to a new environment quickly.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number JZB42123.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.