Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced IB Diploma Programme (DP) Coordinator for August 2020.
The IB DP Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the Diploma programme and work closely with the Head of Secondary, Diploma teachers and the secondary pastoral team to ensure that the academic needs of all Sixth Form pupils are supported. The DP Coordinator is a member of the Secondary Leadership Team.
The school is currently a candidate school for the Diploma programme and aiming for authorisation in 2020-21, in readiness for the first Sixth Form cohort to begin DP in August 2021. As part of the authorisation process, the school is preparing for the consultancy visit, expected in the Summer Term 2020 with the goal of being ready to apply for authorisation in the Autumn Term 2020. With this in mind, the initial year of the DP Coordinator role will be focused on completing the planning and development of all aspects of the DP and meeting authorisation requirements.
At this stage of the school’s development with a small cohort approaching DP, the flexibility of the DP Coordinator to support and lead on related aspects such as CAS, Extended Essay or University/Careers Counselling is expected. The strengths and experience of the successful candidate will determine the exact allocation of roles and responsibilities for the DP Coordinator. Roles will inevitably develop as the school’s senior cohort grows in future years.
In the early stages, it is expected that the DP Coordinator will also carry a teaching load. This will be reviewed as the school grows.
The DP Coordinator will be expected to play an active part in developing the Sixth Form experience at MCHK to ensure it meets the school’s vision and mission.
Please refer to the attached job description for details.
The successful candidate must have the strategic vision, appreciation of the Malvern heritage, vision and ethos, proven experience of the DP programme, strong interpersonal and leadership skills and exceptional professionalism, to lead the development of the Diploma Programme at MCHK.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE)
- Minimum 5 years’ teaching experience;
- Proven educational leadership and programme coordination experience;
- Previous experience of working in an international school is preferred but not essential;
- Prior experience of a school encompassing that of a British independent school ethos is preferred;
- Recent experience of the DP programme;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain cross-cultural approaches to work;
- A willingness and commitment to active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes;
- Flexibility to teach one of the subjects offered within the MCHK MYP/DP programmes;
- An openness to assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV and photo. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: 10 August 2020 – 31 July 2022
Closing date: 23 November 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org.