Short school introduction:
PORG group, founded in 1990 has a leading educational position in the Czech Republic. In our three campuses (2 in Prague, 1 in Ostrava) we currently have over 1100 students (aged 6 – 19).
Our schools are offering bilingual education based on combining Czech and British national curriculum. We are accredited World IB school providing IB Diploma Programme. High academic standard of our students is regularly confirmed by their excellent results in various independent tests as well as by above average IB results (our longer term average is over 38 points, last year we were evaluated as the best IB school in continental Europe).
What we seek:
For Novy PORG, a prestigious, bilingual, highly selective and accredited World IB School, located in historical city of Prague in the heart of Europe, we seek positive, experienced, energetic and reliable teacher for the position of IB DP Biology and Science Teacher.
Vacancy is designed as teaching of IB DP Biology (both SL and HL) and KS4 Science. The school is seeking a person able to create a good balance of academic rigour, engagement, practical and theoretical work.
The successful applicant will have:
- a passion for teaching
- ability to establish and maintain good relationships for effective learning
- a commitment to students´success
- excellent teaching, communication and presentational skills
- the ability to meet the deadlines and work under pressure
- a willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
- a relevant degree in an appropriate Science subject (MSc., BSc.) with a recognised teaching qualification
- at least three years teaching experience is essential
- experience of teaching IB DP Biology (both HL and SL) is an advantage but not a must (A-levels experience will be also considered)
- experience in teaching KS4 Science
In return, we offer:
- the opportunity to participate in an exciting project
- enthusiastic and intelligent students who enjoy a challenge
- a friendly working environment shared by dedicated, hard-working colleagues
- Professional Development courses both external and internal
- an initial two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement
- full time job (22 teaching lessons/week)
- above average remuneration
- full health insurance provided in accordance with Czech Labour Laws
- school lunches and snacks
- ITIC card
For further information about our school, please visit our website www.porg.cz
To apply, please send short cover letter, CV and two referees.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews. Please note that we will start with interviews from February 5th, at the earliest. Thank you for understanding.
Interviews will be conducted either in person in Prague, or by Skype (depending on circumstances).