The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the Como area, 6km south of beautiful lake Como . Founded in September 2002, we serve both Italian nationals and international families living in the Como area. ISC currently has an enrollment of 300 students representing over 38 nationalities, with over 70 dedicated faculty and administration.
We are an IB World School, authorized for the Primary Years Programme, the Middle Years Programme and recently for the Diploma Programme that will be opened in September 2018.
Our mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://internationalschoolsgroup.it/school/como. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to Inspired, (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Why work with us
· We are truly student centred, with student learning at the heart of everything we do;
· We are a collaborative learning community based on the values of the IB Learner Profile, where teachers are trusted, empowered and valued;
· We offer official IB professional development at the beginning of the employment and ongoing;
· We offer the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of a new secondary school, in connection with the other schools in the group;
· We offer a competitive salary and cooked lunches provided free daily;
· We are located in a beautiful part of the world.
ISC seeks to appoint an outstanding teacher of Biology, to join a developing department in our new high school section. The position also requires the ability to teach some Middle School Science. Applicants must have recent high school experience in teaching Biology (such as IBDP, A-levels, AP) and be excited by the challenge of writing and preparing a High school IB curriculum using the best principles of current educational research. You will also understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher with experience of enabling pupils to achieve their potential. We are looking for the right balance between experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching which will inspire our students. An understanding of how to develop students whose first language is not English is essential.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the growth and development of a new Secondary school and Science team.
- Hold an EU passport or a working visa for Italy
- Appropriate degree and teaching certification
- Outstanding classroom results and experience with external exam preparation
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- A passion for education and working with students
- A team player who is willing to take a large active role in the development of the High School
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive IB learning community
- Ability to contribute to curriculum development in Biology and Chemistry
- Ability to work as a team member within a department and in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to develop students in Biology and Chemistry where English is an additional language
- Commitment to the IB standards and practices and to the IB Learner Profile
- Superior communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in an international or multicultural school
- IB Diploma experience
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
- The initial contract will be for a period of two years, after which there may be the possibility of converting the contract into a permanent position of employment if all parties are in agreement.
- Tax free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy
- Moving and settling in allowance
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF file containing the following to the Head of School, Mrs. Ferloni, at email@example.com
- Letter of application;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in late August 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
Deadline: 2nd April, 2018
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled if an outstanding candidate is identified prior to this date.