Haut-Lac international bilingual school (K-12 with around 600 students) near Vevey (Vaud), Switzerland invites applications from Chemistry and Science Teachers for IB MYP and DP, to join the school team from mid-August 2021. Candidates who are able to teach a second DP science or mathematics are preferred.
Applicants should be enthusiastic educators with experience of teaching in international schools and have an interest in promoting extra-curricular activities to our students.
Your profile :
- Bachelor in Chemistry or equivalent title;
- A PGCE or teaching certificate;
- Qualified to teach DP Chemistry and integrated sciences up to MYP5;
- Able to teach a second science and/or Mathematics;
- Mastery of educational technological tools (iPad, distance learning platforms, etc.);
- Teaching experience of the MYP and DP programmes;
- A passionate science educator ;
- Preferred experience of a pastoral role.
Your mission :
- Teaching DP Chemistry and MYP integrated science in English
- Possibly teaching another DP science or mathematics
- Participating actively in the extracurricular life of the school
We offer :
- A dynamic and creative work environment
- A human-sized educational environment
- A pleasant infrastructure
Due to Swiss immigration law, only Swiss citizens, Swiss permit holders or EU member countries passport holders can apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
- Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 55 years of age
Haut-Lac International Bilingual School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
Haut-Lac International Bilingual School is a private, bilingual English and French school in Saint-Légier-La Chiésaz, Switzerland. Students can be taught in pre-school from eighteen months, right up until secondary graduation at 18 years. The school ...