Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the north shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We need an inspirational and experienced school leader to be IB Diploma Programme English Coordinator from August 2017. This is a full-time, permanent position.
We are situated in one of the world’s most beautiful cities in a spectacular natural environment. We have an excellent learning and teaching environment. The Senior School is comprised of approximately 250 students in grades 10-12. Nearly all of these students study for the IB MYP and IB Diploma and enjoy a holistic, pre-university and internationally focused education with an emphasis on all four strands of education: the arts, athletics, service and academics. All students are required to meet the demands of the IBO programmes and BC provincial requirements.
DP English Coordinator - Job Duties:
As a member of the Senior School Curriculum Leadership team this role will be responsible for leading the small team of teachers teaching DP and MYP English in the Senior School (grades 10-12). Reporting to the Senior School Principal, the appointed person will be well-qualified and sufficiently experienced for the role and a passionate, inspiring and skilled teacher and leader. The role will also include being a Teacher Advisor and contributing to the co-curricular programme
Qualifications: Ideally the person appointed will have
- Recent experience of teaching IBDP and MYP English
- Recent leadership experience
- International teaching experience
- Affinity with our school's values and mission
- Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- All of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC.
- Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
The salary range for this position will be $72,426 to $97,845, based on skills and experience. This position will also include BC Medical coverage, health & dental benefits, tuition discount allowance and pension contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian and a provincially certified teacher or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please see our web site for further information about our school and a detailed job description at www.mulgrave.com. Your resume and covering letter should be emailed no later than December 9th, 2016 to email@example.com. Please include “DP English” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9