Contract term: Until August 2020 with potential for extension
Deadline for submission of applications: On-going Interviews
Package and Benefits: Expenses reimbursement/Help with finding accommodation
The International School of Modena is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (the International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development. Located just outside the city of Modena, in the attractive and rural countryside, it caters for over 200 students aged between 3 and 18 years of age. The school is fully authorised by the International Baccalaureate for its Primary, Middle Years and Diploma programmes. Our unique and stimulating campus, surrounded by open countryside, boasts an attractive design and excellent sport facilities, and is an ideal learning environment for students aged 3 and beyond.
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of IB DP and MYP English Language and Literature. The ideal candidate would be interested in teaching Grades 10 to 13, with some EAL support. All students at ISM study courses in English up to graduation at age 18/19. A strong commitment to purposeful teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team of teachers. Having your own car would be advantageous, although not essential.
The candidate must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- To hold a minimum of two years IBDP, AP, A-Level (or equivalent) teaching experience (previous IB experience is not a requirement as the school will send you on IB Professional Development in the autumn.
- An interest in concept based curriculum and learning through inquiry
- To be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
- To have a strong interest in curriculum development and authentic evaluation of learning;
- Ability to supervise DP students’ Extended Essays within the subject of English Language and Literature
- To demonstrate ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff, maintaining a high standard of work at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- To be a citizen of the EU or already in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy;
- To hold “Certified Teaching Status” or equivalent qualification;
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF file containing the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of application, referring to the requirements of the job description;
- CV with photo;
- Contact details of three referees (one of which must be supervisor from most recent appointment),
All documents must be provided in English
The person appointed will be expected to begin work from August27th 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
About International School of Modena:
About ISE Group