The International School of Modena aims to facilitate meaningful education, based on high standards and inquiry-based learning within an international context. The school has one class per grade from Kindergarten to Grade 13 and, within a safe and student-centered learning environment, supported by a caring team of teachers. Our programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence, as we strive to equip students with the skills, knowledge and intercultural understanding necessary for the 21st century. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (the International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development. Located just outside the city of Modena, surrounded by attractive and rural countryside, it caters for 240 students aged between 3 and 18 years of age. The school is fully authorised by the International Baccalaureate for its Primary, Middle Years and Diploma programmes (see www.ibo.org).
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of IB Diploma and MYP English Language and Literature. The ideal candidate would be interested in teaching Grades 10 to 13, with some EAL support lower down the school. All students at ISM study courses in English up to graduation at age 18/19. A strong commitment to purposeful teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team of teachers.
-�� to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
- to have had recent experience teaching the subject within the 11-18 age range. Previous experience with IB programmes is not required and official IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance.
- to be a UK/EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
- Ability to supervise DP students’ Extended Essays within the subject of English Language and Literature
- To demonstrate ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff, maintaining a high standard of work at all times; Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Having own car would be advantageous, although not essential.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of two referees (within the boxes provided), one of which must be head of school and one of which must be direct line manager, both from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work on 26th August 2019, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies. The school takes safeguarding children very seriously and all staff will be subject to rigorous checks; the interview process will include safeguarding and staff conduct.
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
About International School of Modena:
About ISE Group: