Collegio San Carlo is an independent Catholic School and one of Milan's historic educational institutions. This year it is celebrating its 150th Anniversary. It has recently become part of the IB School Circuit so this is a unique opportunity to contribute to a relatively new and small IB DP within a well established school K - Yr 13 with a student body of nearly 2000 students.
Collegio San Carlo’s mission is to develop and enhance the education of its diverse student body. It believes in the importance of both tradition and innovation and encourages its teachers to use a wide variety of methodologies to enable this. The Baccalaureate is part of the school’s renewed dynamism towards an international outlook and building future pathways for its students. It joins other 4 strands of High School Education already offered by the school.
Please visit our website http://www.collegiosancarlo.it/ for more information about our school.
Our school is in the historic center of the city . Milan is known world wide for design, fashion, architecture and for being in a strategic geographical position , being an hour away from the Lakes, the seaside, the Alps and many major cities by fast train .
We are looking for a qualified Physics teacher with experience in teaching IBDP Physics (SL/HL) .
The position can be filled both on a part-time and full time contract.
Our ideal candidate wants to join a strong team of experienced and committed teachers who have built a great collaborative environment and are led by a team of IB experienced headmaster and coordinator.
• minimum of 2-3 years of teaching experience, working with the Physics IB Diploma Programme having taken classes to the exam,
• Appropriate University Degree in the subject and Teaching Certification,
• EU passport holder or valid working papers for Italy,
• Commitment to the IB philosophy of teaching and learning,
• An excellent team player with a balanced combination of initiative, flexibility and organisational skills,
- Ability to teach SL IB Mathematics would be a definite plus .
SALARIES AND BENEFITS
• Competitive salary and full or part-time contract
• Relocation and Housing allowance if moving from abroad
Should be sent directly to the International Recrutment Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
• An updated CV with photograph
• An introduction letter explaining why you are interested in this position and in our school
• At least 2 recent references
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore all positions will be subject to comprehensive reference checks including the DBS.
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates by email to schedule Skype interviews and when and where possible, face to face interviews and visits to our school