Colegio Altair is a private institution founded in 1995, with the purpose of providing a co-educational, bilingual, modern and holistic education.
Altair is member of Inspired since 2017. It is an International Baccalaureate (IB) School, incorporating three of its programmes: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), and Diploma Programme. The school is a member of the Latin American Heads Conference (LAHC) and of the Association of Private Schools (ADECOPA - Asociación de Colegios Particulares Amigos).
With 1,000 students from Stage 3 up to the Diploma Programme, the student community is also enriched by a multicultural environment with twelve percent of the school’s families coming from different nationalities.
Our vision is to be an institution that fosters an educational experience of academic excellence, undertaking a commitment to the emotional development of its students, as well as an understanding of each child as an individual.
The mission that we have set is to form wholesome, responsible, sensitive, and self-confident people with a passion for learning to become engaged members of a global community.
We are looking for a committed and proactive teacher for our Science department .
The selected candidate will join our team to teach Chemistry in Middle and or High School.
● Relevant degree and teaching qualification
● Ability to deliver all lessons in English
● Teaching experience of minimum 3 to 5 years.
●Knowledge of the IB Program curriculum would be an advantage.
● Be a passionate, autonomous and innovative teacher committed to educate in every aspect of the development of the students as human beings.
● A proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice, including Assessment for Learning
● The flexibility to work in groups across curriculum subjects and across key stages
Applications should be submitted by the closing date, December 19th, 2019.