Are you a dynamic, highly experienced and professional IB teacher/tutor interested in relocating to Milan to provide full-time private support a 16 year old Italian IB student? If so, Riviera Tutors would be delighted to hear from you.
The student has spent one year at school in Milan and is about to embark on her IB course. She is a naturally bright girl but due to a previous schooling in the Italian system, unfamiliar with many of the demands of the international system and, in particular, IB. Her spoken and written English are strong, but she will need help balancing the demands of each of her subjects across the IB range, meeting weekly deadlines, organising and executing her self-study and remaining motivated for the full duration of the course.
The student is starting her IB course in Milan and would like support after school and during the holidays.
Her tutoring support will be primarily related to:
- Academic IB subjects: general study support across all subjects will be necessary, but the tutor must have specific experience with Biology IB, and possess a broad and demonstrably excellent academic background.
- SEN support: the student has been diagnosed with dyslexia, dysorthographia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia. The tutor must have additional strong experience working with dyslexia and dyscalculia and preferably be qualified in this area.
- Learning techniques: helping the student to organise, memorize and retain information.
- IB logistics: help the student to balance her IB subjects and meet the organisational demands of the course.
- Personal organisation and discipline: helping to instil strong independent work and organisational habits, so that she is able to work independently at university
- Personal wellbeing: there is an element of mentorship to this placement, and the tutor should be sensitive to the student’s personal situation and needs, and offer guidance to her as a developing young lady finding her feet in the world.
Tuition will be intensive in the evenings after school and possibly on the weekends. The arrangement is flexible and the tutor should adapt to changes throughout the year.
- Competitive salary for 80-120 hours tutoring per month.
- Travel to Italy and between Milan and Verona, and accommodation in Milan and Verona included.
- Car inclusion tbc.
- Career opportunities through professional development, chance to enjoy close collaboration with Riviera Tutors - one of the UK’s most personal tutoring agencies: https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/tutors/tutor-company-reviews/riviera-tutors/57Y692Q
Professional teaching/tutoring experience: the position requires a highly organised tutor with 5+ years’ experience tutoring students at IB/A-Level, and delivering consistently high results for students. Strong IB experience is mandatory and understanding of the IB system and curriculum.
Personal skills: you must be dynamic and strongly empathetic to the human needs of your student outside the academics, and adjust your work accordingly.
Academic skills: Riviera Tutors works with high calibre tutors. An excellent degree from a prestigious university (Oxbridge preferred) is mandatory. Strong academic record and Biology A-Level/IB specialisation and tutoring experience required.
You must have ‘found your voice’ as a teacher and developed a distinctive teaching style that you are able to articulate and discuss. We would like to know how you developed this style and how you tailor it to different students.
Interested applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Do you have an Undergraduate degree?
- Are you a qualified teacher (QTS) and/or do you have three or more years’ of tutoring/teaching experience?
- What has been your most challenging teaching experience?
- Describe your most interesting student.
- What is distinctive about how you tutor?