King's College, The British School of Panama, is seeking to appoint an IBDP Coordinator and Head of Sixth Form
A dynamic and proactive leader, preferably with independent sector or international experience.
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the IBDP, the English National Curriculum, and recent developments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
We are currently seeking to appoint an individual who has:
- Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQTs also welcome)
- A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught
- Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
- Strong IT skills
Timeline of application and employment
- All applications must be completed with the King’s Application Form (in-line with Safer Recruitment Policy).
- References will be called for before the interview.
- Because we take so much care in selecting great teachers to join us, and we know that often decisions to join a School or potentially move countries should be done with proper consideration we will be looking to invite any candidate who applies and is shortlisted to a recruitment event, hosted in our London School; Fulham.
- This will run over the 08th and 09th January and will be hosted by a number of our top international Head Teachers and Principals.
- At this event, we’ll provide the opportunity for candidates to also ask questions to experts about any visa or relocation processes; the curriculum or anything else that they will want to know as part of joining.
- As we have a number of world-class Schools across the world it will also be an opportunity to meet with some of the other Heads to get to know them better.
- Please follow the tes link to put forward your application to join this School. You will also be asked to provide some if not all of the following (i) a supporting statement clearly outlining why they are interested in the school and a position there (ii) a CV with their details and history of employment and achievements (iii) at least two referees from a recent/current appointment (where possible
Why come to Panama?
The school is located in an idyllic setting, surrounded by the Panamanian rainforest in the area of Clayton, and is approximately 6km from the city center.
Panama City is a city of easy cosmopolitan living, a combination of historic and ultra-modern. It is also one of the safest cities in Central America. The local dialect is Spanish.
The closing date for applications is the 15th of December 2021, 5 pm Panama time.
To find out more about King's College Panama, visit https://www.panama.kingscollegeschools.org/
King's College Panama is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process and any other relevant police checks that are required.
“Inspiring Academic Excellence Across 5 Continents”
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non- denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential...