About the Academy
Established on a modern campus of 75 acres, 45 kilometers outside Nairobi, the M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, coeducational and fully residential secondary International Baccalaureate World School. The Academy offers both the IB Diploma Programme and the IB Career-Related Programme, in addition we are a candidate school for the IB Middle Years Programme. Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated academic and leadership potential. M-PESA Foundation Academy offers a world class, well rounded learning environment to develop transformative leaders. The Academy places great emphasis on the holistic development of learners not just in academics but also in technology, music, sports, the arts, outdoor pursuits and community service. Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching and the school prides itself in molding future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dynamic and visionary individuals with exceptional leadership skills, who are already experienced in the relevant International Baccalaureate programmes, to take up the role as
IBMYP Personal Project Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To support the MYP Coordinator in his/her role to ensure the complete and effective organisation and administration of Personal Project in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) and to effectively manage the Personal Projects Core Component of the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP).
• Introduce students to the Personal Project process.
• Enable students to consult the appropriate subject guide to check that their project area complies with the general requirements of the subject.
• Ensure that students are aware of and understand the concept of academic integrity in the context of the PP process.
• Collaborate with the Librarian to ensure that the MYP students have been trained in study and referencing skills— and if need be run sessions in researching and study skills with the library.
• Work with PP supervisors to ensure they have a shared understanding of the responsibilities of a supervisor.
• Ensure that there is a PP timeline with clear internal deadlines and agreed processes for referral and support if needed.
• Ensure that the librarian is fully included in the process, to support students as and when required.
• Ensure that there is a Shared understanding between supervisors and students.
• Ensure that the MYP students are furnished with the PP Assessment Criteria.
• Introduce, explain and support the reflection process and provide supervisors and students with the general and subject-specific information and guidelines for the PP.
• Ensure that legal guardians and candidates understand the PP and assessment requirements of the MYP.
• Liaise with the MYPC in the administration, procedures and the requirements in conduct of the PP among staff and students as stipulated in the recent PP Guide.
• Supervises PP supervisors, providing guidance and support as need arise.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively use technology as a tool for planning and implementing instructional strategies.
• Be detailed-oriented, self-motivated, inspirational and patient.
• Work closely with MYP Coordinator to create Personal Project timelines.
• Plan and deliver orientation seminars on Personal Project for current MYP 4&5 students and teachers.
• Emphasis on ATLs and ATTs respectively.
• Arrange for various sessions with MYP 4 & 5 students throughout the Personal Project calendar
• Be responsible for effective implementation of the Personal Project including service inductions for all teachers and ensuring that MYP students are familiar with Global Contexts and the accompanying strands.
• Guide supervisors through the marking and standardization of PP.
• Organize the Personal Project Exhibition to showcase students’ projects
• Embed a bespoke ICT program in the management and execution of the Projects
Academic Qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent.
• MUST be registered or eligible for registration with Teachers Service Commission
• At least 5 years in similar role in an IB World School as head of department
• Must have a proven track record of academic excellence as a head of department
• Must have at least CAT 2 IB professional Development workshop certification in a similar role. Trained IB examiner will be added advantage
M-PESA Foundation Academy
MPESA Foundation Academy - Kenya
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
The MPESA Foundation Academy is established on a modern campus of 75 acres, 45 kilometres outside Nairobi. The state of the art academy is presently offering the Kenyan Secondary Education curriculum whilst transitioning to the Internati...