This position is available only for FEMALE candidates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated, qualified, female Secondary School ICT and Computing Teacher from September 2021. This is a new position following Sherborne Qatar School for Girls continued expansion and move to a new state-of-the-art site in January 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to gain experience in one of the highest performing premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East. This position is also a great opportunity for more experienced teachers to advance, as there will certainly be opportunities for progression as the school grows to full capacity over the next three years.
Successful applicants must have:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, or equivalent (the PGCE must be accompanied by a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, ICT or Computer Studies).
• Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3 and 4.
• Recent experience of teaching IGCSE ICT/IT, IGCSE Computing, and IT AS/A level (preferably with either Cambridge or Pearson International Examinations)
• A desire to help build a thriving department in a new school.
• A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
• A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school.
• An ability to teach a third subject such as Business Studies or Media Studies.
• Experience of teaching pupils with English as an Additional Language or English as a Second Language.
• Experience of integrating technology into secondary teaching.
• Recent UK experience and previous international teaching experience.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar you will:
• Promote our mission and values.
• Have the ability to generate excitement about learning.
• Have a sense of humour.
• Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to teach bright, interesting and hardworking pupils.
• An excellent working environment in a brand new, state-of-the-art school
• The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme.
• An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits.
• A good work/life balance.
• Strong links to Sherborne Dorset, one of the oldest and most distinguished independent schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are asked to complete and upload via TES the application form, and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) addressed to the Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack.
Please select the QUICK APPLY button below where you will find the application form.
Completed application forms should be returned by 14th February 2021. Interviews will be held virtually as soon as possible.
Please note that due to the expansion of our group of schools we are likely to launch further recruitment rounds in March 2021 but you are encouraged to apply early to secure your role.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar around 18th August 2021 for induction training.
For further information regarding Sherborne Qatar School for Girls, please visit www.sherborneqatarsfg.org.
Sherborne Qatar School for Girls
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 17 years