37 hours per week, Full Time
Working Pattern 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 3.30pm Friday
H7 Point 19-23: Starting Salary: £25,481 per annum + £898 fringe allowance
Suggested start date 1st February 2021 (or as soon as possible)
We are looking for a Network Administrator who is a committed and passionate technology enthusiast, a decisive individual with an ability to lead and effectively manage, grow and develop the ICT presence at our school.
At the Danes Educational Trust, we aim not only to use ICT to enhance teaching and learning but act as an empowering tool for all staff and students. We invest in tried, tested and emerging technologies to create a manageable, up-to-date, effective network.
You will be exposed to a ream of existing and new technologies; we praise innovation and provide opportunities to build a solid base within ICT with the potential for future growth. We are keen that those who join us aspire to develop themselves, have a can-do attitude and a passion for learning new things. You will also have excellent support from within the Trust though other network administrators along with your direct report within the Trust’s ICT support team.
We would like you to have:
- Latest Server operating systems
- Virtualisation technologies including ESXi and Hyper-V
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of network fundamentals, VLANs, DNS and DHCP
- WDS and WSUS
- Wireless systems
- Windows OS, Mac OSX
- Backup technologies
- Office 365 / Google for Education
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to engage with senior staff and colleagues in a professional manner
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Knowledge of procedures and regulations consistent with administrating ICT
- A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’
- School Management information systems
- School filtering
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Powershell
- Experience managing staff
- Software licensing
- Experience with GDPR policies and procedures
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website
- Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Monday 18th January 2021. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees
- We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
- Interview date: Thursday 28th January 2021.
School Address: Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3LR
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07796 751982
Croxley Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building...