The purpose of the ICT Service Delivery Officer is to deliver outstanding ICT customer service and support for the schools and offices of the Catholic Diocese of Armidale in line with industry best practice. The ICT Service Delivery Officer will be the first point of contact for the ICT Service Desk, ensuring that timely and professional ICT support is available for CSO ICT services.
The ICT Service Delivery Officer will be the one of the primary CSO ICT service management contacts, deal with non-specialist support tasks, assign incoming service requests to the ICT Service Delivery Coordinator or appropriate ICT specialists as required, and communicate clearly and effectively with staff seeking ICT services throughout the full support or service request process.
A function of the ICT Service Delivery Officer will be to deal with external ICT vendors and service providers for the repair and maintenance of existing equipment, ensuring appropriate service levels are maintained and ensuring maximum value for the CSO and schools.
The ICT Service Delivery Officer will work closely with the ICT Service Delivery Coordinator to undertake other tasks as directed to ensure the efficient operation of the CSO ICT Services.
The position will be based at either the CSO Office, located at 2/131 Barney Street, Armidale, NSW or CSO Tamworth Hub, located at 2/137 Marius Street, Tamworth, NSW.
The commencement date for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
• Well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills including:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare documentation, follow procedures and maintain records for activities undertaken
2. The ability to deliver responsive and innovative client service and to work with a wide variety of clients with varying levels of technological experience
3. The ability to conduct training, both in an ad-hoc and formal setting
4. The ability to work in a collegial manner as part of a team
5. The ability to work with minimal supervision and use initiative in a high volume work environment.
• Computer Literacy skills to include:
1. Office productivity software, particularly the Google Workspace
2. Service desk management software
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
• Current driver’s license and willingness to undertake travel to fulfil the requirements of the role
• Demonstrated experience using Google G Suite and Chromebook management portals
For questions regarding the professional nature of this position, please contact Richard Pursey - ICT Services Manager on 0435 659 765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before submitting your application, please ensure the following:
• You have carefully read the position description and ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills, experience and qualifications.
• Complete the relevant online application form by clicking here and attach a cover letter (optional) and CV that clearly outlines your qualifications and career history.
Preferred applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be subject to employment screening.
Catholic Schools Office Diocese of Armidale