The International School of Schaffhausen ISSH is a private, non-profit IB World School owned by the International School of Schaffhausen Foundation. We offer all three IB programmes (DP, MYP, PYP) including a residential programme and a bilingual childcare centre.
The ISSH student body of 230 is multicultural with students from over 35 different national backgrounds. The faculty is similarly diverse and is mainly formed by inspiring and innovative teachers with advanced ICT skills. The language of instruction is English. The German language is taught throughout the school and French is highly valued and offered from age 10.
The school is non-exclusive and caters for the needs of students with a range of abilities and from a range of backgrounds. Although the school has seen continuous growth and development over the past years, we were able to keep the small school and family-like atmosphere with a close-knit and supportive community. As an organization, we are committed to ensure quality of education, job stability and continuous professional development.
The school is located on the outskirts of Schaffhausen in a green and quiet environment. All sections of the school are on the same campus. The secondary, primary and early education departments are located in different buildings which include sports, arts and science facilities as well as a variety of recreational areas and playgrounds.
Schaffhausen is the capital of the most northern canton of Switzerland. Zurich and Zurich international airport is just a 40-minutes train ride away. Schaffhausen has attracted many expatriate families who cherish the authenticity of the Swiss community, its safe and wellorganized environment, and the beauty of the green, scenic landscape along the river Rhine which lends itself to year round sporting activities in nature. Schaffhausen also has a lot on offer for culture lovers. It is famous for its monastery, museums, theatres, concerts and vibrant arts scene.
We are seeking an experienced ICT Teacher and Coordinator
Experience with Google Applications, Managebac and MYP Design is an advantage, as is a second subject specialism in Mathematics or English
- a team player who wants to be part of a dynamic team
- a person of high integrity who knows how to enable young people to achieve their full potential
- teach our IB MYP Design/Technology programme
- to teach essential IT skills/digital citizenship skills to secondary students
- to support/train teachers to use digital tools and tech integration
- to trouble-shoot network, printing and general hard- and software problems
- versatile teacher and a role model for excellence in teaching
- Google Apps, Managebac
- excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to interact well and communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
- ability to evaluate the progress of students and the quality of their learning and to use this to build a culture of continuous improvement and striving for excellence
See Job Description details on attached PDF.
EU (or Swiss) passport holders are at an advantage over other passport holders due to the Swiss Immigration and Work Permit Regulations.
The salary is competitive. The benefits include free tuition for dependants, a relocation allowance and visa costs.
Interested candidates are asked to supply the following documents, compiled into one PDF document, and send to the head of school, Mrs Gundula Kohlhaas: email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé (no more than two pages with recent photograph included)
- Contact details for at least two referees
- Two open references (can include reference letters from given referees)
Deadline for application is 30th March, 2018.