Bromley High School is seeking an experienced ICT Technician to join the ICT Department due to high demand for additional ICT support as new ICT initiatives come online at the School.
The main role of the ICT technician is to act as the first point of contact for all requests, which includes call prioritisation and providing initial troubleshooting across all aspects of ICT related services. This will also include:
· Monitoring and maintaining the schools ICT systems
· Assisting with installing new and upgraded ICT systems
· Ensuring the integrity of the School’s ICT system is maintained
· Providing technical advice in support of the resolution of ICT incidents
The role will involve face-to-face and written communication with both staff and students across the school and therefore good English is essential. If you have proven experience of delivering customer focused ICT services and have a strong technical understanding of ICT systems we would be delighted to hear from you.
The ICT Department
The ICT team consists of an ICT Manager and a Senior ICT Technician. Members of the ICT team work independently and manage their own tasks through the service desk, however, collaboration, knowledge sharing and discussion is a key part to this role.
The School consists of approximately 1000 users and over 600 computers. The computers run Windows 7 and Office 2013. We have 6 physical servers running Server 2008R2/2012R2 and these servers are hosts for a large number of virtual servers. Enterprise WiFi is provided throughout the school.
About Bromley High School
Bromley High School is a selective independent school of 860 girls, occupying a 25 acre parkland site in leafy Bickley, in Kent. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and in 2017 celebrated another year of outstanding academic achievement.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
· Competitive salaries and pay progression
· Access to extensive professional development opportunities
· Training grants for qualifications
· Generous pension schemes
· Free life assurance benefit
· A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
· Childcare vouchers, interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
· A Cycle to Work scheme
· Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and an application form please click the apply button.
Applications must be received by 9am on 10th August 2018.
Interviews will take place on 15th August 2018.
Bromley High School and the GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.